There are several benefits to having your house professionally photographed for a sale. Ensuring that the photos look good, increases the possibility that the property could sell at a higher price point.
The more you prepare your home before the photographer arrives, the better the pictures are going to look. Remember, the photographer is hired to take the photos and make the space look good through the lens, it’s not their job to clean up the mess, and they can only do so much with a house that is in poor condition. It’s not possible to make a messy room look uncluttered in the picture.
Here is my list of most important things to do prior to the photographers arrival.
- Mow lawn, trim bushes, clean up outside – This is going to be the first shot people see. Curb appeal is still huge!
- Turn on all interior lights.
- Turn off all ceiling fans.
- Open Blinds/Windows – You want to let as much natural light in as possible.
- Turn off all TVs.
- Remove all clutter – Dishes, Kids Toys, Husbands Toys, clothes.
- Clean the bathroom mirrors, windows, shower door.
- Replace all light bulbs with matching bulbs .
- Clean the pool.
- Stage the home.
Contact me for pricing and availability. The easiest way to reach me is by text at 334.472.4712. I can also be reached by email at brian (at) tannehill photography (dot) com.